Discover how to achieve the maximum benefits of physical activity. This sixth edition of Fitness & Health is your guide to both a deeper understanding of the exercise-health relationship and a map for meeting your individual needs and goals. The book clearly explains how the body responds to physical activity, why physical activity is so beneficial to health, and the way in which physical activity enhances these areas of fitness:
- Aerobic and muscular fitness
- Weight control
- Performance in work and sport
- Energy and vitality
Authors Brian Sharkey, former president of the American College of Sports Medicine and a world-renowned fitness authority, and sport physiologist and Olympic coach Steven Gaskill present a wealth of research-based advice and activities. They provide information on aerobic fitness and prescription, which emphasizes sustained fitness, and incorporate the latest research and nutrition information regarding weight control.
Considered a classic, this revised and updated edition has already helped thousands of readers experience firsthand the benefits of more physical activity. Make Fitness & Health a priority and you, too, will be rewarded.
- ISBN13: 9780736056144
- Condition: USED – Good
- Notes: BUY WITH CONFIDENCE, Over one million books sold! 98% Positive feedback. Compare our books, prices and service to the competition. 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
- I’d like to transition my career into health & fitness? What’s the best way?
- What sport acquires the most physical fitness?
- The Role Of Aerobics In Fitness
- ACSM’s Health & Fitness Certification Review
- The Bryan Moore Student Health and Fitness Act of Maryland