How do i become a personal fitness trainer?
Hello, I am 15 years old and I am obsessed with fitness and nutrition.I have no idea what to take in high school to become a personal trainer and maybe even a nutritionist. The only thing I am taking in High School now is Food for Fitness and Food and Nutrition. What other things do I have to take to become a future Fitness Trainer.
Answer by Amy H
It really depends at what level you want to train. If you are looking to work at a gym or personal training studio, you just need to be certified through one of a number of academies like NASM or ACSM once you turn 18. In the mean time, if your school offers anatomy take it. A good science background will be very helpful.
If you are looking to train athletes at the high school or collegiate level, or go into research you are going to want to go the college and major in something like Kinesiology or Exercise Science. Regardless, I would strongly recommend getting a college degree.
Hope this helps!
Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!
- Fitness Trainer Sydney ? Reasons to Hire a Personal Trainer
- Choosing a Personal Trainer For Your Health and Fitness Needs
- Does the ACSM Health Fitness Specialist cert. make you certified as a personal trainer?
- Q&A: How much on average does a personal fitness instructor make an hour?
- How much does a personal fitness instructor make and what are the chances of hire?