What is the best way to open a fitness center ?
My wife wants to open a fitness center in our small town for women only but doesn’t want to use a franchise. What are some of the pitfalls to watch for ? Who offers the best equipment and what type is best to use.
Answer by TM Express™
Associations may be a good avenue to explore. These organizations will address many of the thoughts, questions and concerns you’ll inevitably have as well as many you haven’t anticipated yet. See the source box for some relevant links.
Research, research, research – this cannot be stressed enough. Read as much as you can about the industry. Here are some book titles that are relevant:
* Gym Biz: Starting and Running Your Own Gym for Profit by Lou Ravelle
* Small Club Start-up: A Personal Trainer’s Guide by Ron Fay
* The Business of Fitness: Understanding the Financial Side of Owning a Fitness Business by Thomas Plummer
* Making Money in the Fitness Business by Thomas Plummer
I also posted links to some free articles in the source box.
Hope that helps! I wish you much success & happiness in all your ventures!
Give your answer to this question below!
- What healthclub/fitness center should one join in the Bellevue Washington area?
- Life Time Fitness to Open New Healthy Way of Life Destination in Syosset, New York
- Meeting women’s Kick Boxing in Rome hosts of the World Sports Center fitness …
- What are the requirements for being a fitness instructor?
- Corte Madera Fitness Center, Five Points Fitness Offers Triathlon Training Programs and Cycling Specific Training